This is to inform all candidates who have selected University of Abuja as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 JAMB UTME/DE to apply for the Pre-Admission Screening into undergraduate programmes of the University, for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Candidates are advised to visit the University’s Portal www.unibuja.com
and submit their O’Level results or/and relevant credentials for consideration for Direct Entry through the Portal from Wednesday 13th September, 2017.
i. Only UTME/DE candidates who selected University of Abuja are eligible for Pre-Admission Screening.
ii. UTME candidates must have scored a minimum of 180 and made University of Abuja First Choice Institution to be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening.
iii. Remedial Students who have completed the programme at the University of Abuja and who have selected the University of Abuja as First Choice Institution are eligible for admission provided they meet the ‘cut-off’ mark. (180)
B. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
i. All Candidates for undergraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in addition to three relevant subjects at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
ii. UTME Candidates must have the required subject combination.
iii. Candidates seeking Direct Entry admission into any of the undergraduate programmes must possess Advanced Level Results with passes in relevant subjects; ND or HND at Lower Credit or Upper Credit or above; N.C.E.; University Degree.
C. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. UTME candidates who do not have UTME or O’Level subject combination may apply for a change of course to another course whose requirements they have met, subject to availability of vacancies.
2. Any error in the application by applicants would attract extra charges.
3. Multiple applications are not allowed; however, candidates who have applied for both UTME and DE, will be required to the respective application fees and the forms filled in separately.
4. Error in the completion and submission of forms during the process of application would lead to loss of application processing for the academic session. (e.g. selecting Economics instead of Accounting.)
5. Statements of Result of upward of four (4) years will not be accepted for admission screening (candidates should therefore obtain their certificates from the relevant examination bodies).
6. The Pre-Admission Screening will be based on Point Grading System by reducing the UTME Score to 70%, plus O’Level Subjects Results Aggregate of 30%, equal to100%.
7. Candidates are advised to re-visit the 2017 JAMB Brochure for guidance on the five best relevant subject combination for each of the courses.
Pre-admission Screening Application fee (N2,000) is non-refundable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms can be obtained online via
click Pre-Admission Screening, print procedure to access sales of forms, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR), make payment online (Form fee N2,000). Fill the form online, save and submit FIVE BEST RELEVANT O’LEVEL SUBJECTS. Then print Online Pre-Admission Screening Acknowledgement Slip/Receipt from the Portal.
Please note that the sale of the Online Pre-Admission Screening Application Form commences on Wednesday, 13th September, 2017.
Candidates who choose the University of Abuja as First Choice can go ahead with their Pre-Screening Application until further notice. The Pre-Admission Screening exercise has been extended. Admitted candidates will be published on the University Web Portal at a later date.
Mrs. Rifkatu Hoshen Swanta